Pay $77,893- $95,531
Under the direction of the Finance Director, this position assists in the directing, planning, coordination and administration of the financial affairs of the city. Oversee the daily operations of the municipal business offices, including accounting, finance, fixed assets payroll and purchasing. Administer all state and federal grants. Responsible for the management of state, federal, enterprise and other funds.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
Subject to the provisions of the city charter and ordinances, duties include but shall not be limited to:
- Responsibility for the day to day running of all accounting systems including reporting, budgeting, forecasting, cash flow, invoicing, accounts payable, accounts receivable, purchasing, payroll, bank reconciliations, fixed assets, Federal and State reports, data surveys, and auditing;
- Oversee the disbursement of all monies and exercising control over all expenditures to ensure that budget appropriations are not exceeded;
- Having custody of all public funds belonging to or under the control of the city;
- Having custody of all public funds and the investment of idle funds for the city, or in their possession in a fiduciary capacity; having the safekeeping of all bonds and notes of the city;
- Responsibility and administration of all financial aspects of grant preparation, maintenance and reporting;
- Responsible for the operation and the administration of the Purchasing Division within guidelines established by the City Charter, the Purchasing Ordinance and RI General Laws.
- Solicits all bids for formal purchases as required or desired. Opens, tabulates and evaluates all bids Oversee the general accounting systems for the city and each of their respective offices, departments and agencies;
- Supervise the finance department personnel;
- Performing all such other duties as reasonably necessary or assigned by the Finance Director.
DESIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
Thorough knowledge of the principles of governmental accounting and finance; proficiency with computerized financial systems; ability to write instructions, procedures, policies, and opinions; ability to make oral presentations; considerable knowledge of modern methods and practices of public administration with special reference to budgetary and financial administration; and ability to multi-task while juggling multiple priorities, reach consensus, and create culture of collaboration and accountability.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
Minimum education and experience requirements include a Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited learning institution; and five (5) or more years of hands-on accounting managerial experience involving full responsibility for the supervision of budget development, accounting, purchasing, investment and collection operations for a governmental organization, or comparable experience in private industry or equivalent work experience. Or any equivalent combination of education and experience which provides the desired knowledge, skill and ability.
Please submit an application and resume to the City of East Providence Human Resources Department, 145 Taunton Avenue, room 201, East Providence, RI, 02914 or email to email@example.com. No phone calls, please. Application and resume must be submitted no later than Friday, April 14, 2017, by 4:00 PM.
The City of East Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, religion, age or disability in employment or the provision of services.