Fire Fighter/EMT-Pay grade 37
Perform skilled firefighting work in combating, extinguishing, and preventing fires; in rendering medical assistance at medical and other emergency scenes; and in operating and maintaining Fire Department equipment, apparatus, and work environment.
- Must be at least 21 years of age by Friday, March 3, 2017.
- Must be a United States Citizen, and furnish a birth certificate.
- Must possess and furnish a copy of valid driver’s license.
- Must possess a High School Diploma or General Education Diploma (GED).
- Must be able to swim four (4) laps of a certified Olympic size pool.
- Must provide a recent certified copy of your driving record. Must be obtained from the Division of Motor Vehicles Operator Control Office of the state in which you reside.
- Successful completion of the Rhode Island Association of Fire Chiefs Physical Performance Assessment (PPA) by May 1, 2017.
- Current Rhode Island Emergency Medical Technician Basic certification
Submit a completed application packet found at
www.eastprovidenceri.net under JOBS or;
The City of East Providence
Human Resources Department Room 201
145 Taunton Avenue, East Providence RI 02914
NO LATER THAN 3:30 pm on Friday, March 3, 2017 in order to be considered.
The minimum passing score required on both examinations shall be 70 points.
The City of East Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, religion, age or disability in employment or the provision of services.
Download Firefighter Employment Information Packet Here