ANNOUNCEMENT REGARDING THE 2015 REVALUATION
The City of East Providence has completed a revaluation of all taxable property in accordance with Rhode Island General Laws as of 12-31-2015 for the 2016 tax bill. New valuation letters will be mailed to taxpayers beginning March 18th, 2016. Taxpayers wishing to review the new values may make an appointment on the web or by calling the appraisal firm at the phone number listed on the notice. A listing of all new values will be available on the VGSI.com website on March 18th, this list will also be available in hardcopy at the Assessor’s office. Hearings will be by appointment only, from March 21st – April 15th. Hearings will be held at Breed Hall, 610 Waterman Ave, behind the Senior Center.
The appeal process is as follows:
1. Informal hearing with the appraisal company. March 21st – April 15th.
2. Last day to schedule informal hearing appointment, April 11th.
3. Formal appeal to Assessor. June 1st – October 1st.
4. Appeal to Tax Board of Review within 30 days of Assessor decision.
5. Appeal to Superior Court within 30 days of Board decision. Board appeal required.
Any additional information presented by the taxpayer will be considered in the final value determination. Thanks to all taxpayers for their patience and cooperation during this process.