HOUSING LOTTERY FOR EAST PROVIDENCE
78 ANTHONY STREET
Application Deadline December 14, 2012
The City of East Providence is pleased to offer for sale a newly renovated single family home to one lucky winner for a sales price of $130,000. This home includes: 1,592 sq. ft of living area, 3 bedrooms, 1 and ½ baths with laundry area on second floor, eat-in kitchen, full sized dining and living rooms, high efficiency gas heating and windows, with fully insulated walls and ceiling, and a backyard with off street parking.
For a virtual tour of the property go to http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B8IQbek3VD8.
Please click here if you want to see a slide show of the property.
Please click here to get your information packet.
Please click here to get your application.
To be eligible to apply you must:
- Not own property for the last 6 months;
- Have a gross household income up to 80% of median area income based on household size (example: household of 4 maximum income $60,500)
- Have documentation of being pre-qualified for financing for a purchase price of $130,000
- Other conditions and terms apply – Contact the Community Development Division for more information
The first 40 complete applications received by the Community Development Division by the deadline of Friday, December 14, 2012 at 4:00 p.m. EST will be entered into the lottery pool. The drawing will be held during the December 18, 2012 East Providence City Council meeting which starts at 7:30 p.m. at City Hall located at 145 Taunton Avenue, East Providence. A winner and two alternates will be drawn incase the winner falls through. The winner will have 45 days to close. There is a 30 year affordability period that will be placed on the Deed to the property restricting its resale price. All questions may be directed to the Community Development Division at 401-435-7536 or emailing email@example.com.
Informational Meetings Followed by House Showing
- October 2, 2012 at 6:p.m. in room 306 in City Hall, 145 Taunton Avenue, East Providence – House showing immediately after meeting
- October 11, 2012 at 6:p.m. in the Riverside Library, 475 Bullocks Ave., Riverside House showing immediately after meeting
Potential financing may be obtained through Rhode Island Housing by contacting: Sandra Mazzo at 450-1303. For Additional Information Call - David Bachrach at 401-435-7535